About the role
As a developer at Elysium you will be involved in projects of all shapes and sizes, from idea generation and design creation to implementation and maintaining the final concept, your opinions and contributions will be encouraged and valued. You will become a key player in maintaining our high standards for customer deliverables. You will challenge potential solutions to ensure that the product not only meets the specification but excels when further updates are made.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has more than 2 years commercial experience of Ruby on Rails development and is looking for a mid-level position.
- Has more than 3 years commercial experience of Ruby on Rails development and is looking for their first senior developer role or is an experienced senior developer.
- Values the work/life balance that can be provided by a small software development company outside of a city setting.
- Is confident in their opinions and able to represent them in group discussions.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision on long projects.
- Can communicate well with less technical parties.
We would be impressed by:
- An understanding of Linux based servers.
- Confidence discussing requirements with customers.
- Awareness of ISO27001 and GDPR.
We envisage that a senior developer:
- Is able to control software development scope and timelines.
- Has a passion for maintainable and future-proof design.
- Has a willingness to support and mentor junior members of the team.
- Is driven to lead effectively in groups.
As part of the Elysium software development team, the Senior Developer role will be supported by:
- A project team responsible for customer liaison, requirements capture and formal testing.
- User experience team able to assist in user interface design and front end development.
- Systems administration team responsible for operation and maintenance of server infrastructure.
Full Time/Flexible Hours
Mid level salary:
£25,000+ depending on experience.
Senior level salary:
Up to ~£40,000, negotiable, depending on experience.
Our friendly and fantastic team is based at our office in Crowborough, East Sussex, on the edge of the beautiful Ashdown Forest. Remote Working can be considered for the right candidate.